Optimize your Profiles
Social media marketing is an important part of the inbound marketing concept.
One of the first and most important things to do on all of your social media marketing is to optimize it. This includes:
- Update all profile pictures and cover photos. Your profile picture is the first thing that your visitors are going to see. This is essentially your first impression, so make sure it counts! Make sure you are using high-quality images which show your company’s brand and logo. Social media's main objective is connecting people; your visitors need to be able to connect with you and your brand, as well as make connections to your logo, in order to become leads, and hopefully, customers.
- Include a link to your website. Including a link to your website for people on your social media gives them a way to learn more about you. It will also increase your SEO by broadening the avenues by which visitors can find you. Most social media platforms have a spot for your website address, but you can also include it in the about me/description spot.
- Include all contact information. Along with the website address, include the physical address of your business as well as the phone number. Include an email address, if applicable - this a great opportunity to optimize your email marketing! Remember that guests want to correspond with a person, not a program, so try to accomplish this with your email address (Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org, as opposed to Company ABC - email@example.com). This makes it super easy for your visitors to reach out to you directly to inquire about your business.
Respond to Customers’ Concerns
Social media is not just about boosting your brand anymore. While it’s a great way to establish connections and delight your customers, it’s also a place for unsatisfied customers and patrons go to vent their frustrations about the problems they have had with your company. The easiest way to delight someone in this instance is to respond to their concern by not becoming defensive and listening to what their problem is and trying to solve it. And be sure to be prompt - don’t give your clients any more reason to be unhappy!
The Big World of #Hashtags
Hashtags are used to draw in people that are searching for different topics or posts. Whenever a user adds a hashtag to their post, it’s able to be indexed by the social network and becomes searchable by other users. Hashtags trend when they pick up momentum.
Some tips when using hashtags:
- Don't string too many words together. (#dubosewebgroupofcolumbiaisawesome)
- #Avoid over using #hashtags on a #single #post or adding them to every word. Use them for events, holidays, popular world topics, and general interest topics.
Use Infographics and Images to Draw More Views and Likes
One of the simplest ways to amplify your social media presence is to include images in your status update. Images add more to what you have already written; “a picture is worth a thousand words”, as they say, so use one! But remember, choose wisely - it’s up to the visitors to interpret your message, so you have to be sure to effectively deliver it so there’s little room for misunderstanding. Before you settle on one image, ask yourself the question, “Does this image communicate what I am trying to say?” Think about all the different ways that your message could come across before posting the picture. Infographics are another fun way to incorporate visuals into your posts, and can help you deliver dense or numbers-heavy content.
Post Coupons to Facebook
You know what grabs people’s attention really quickly and effectively? Free stuff, and MONEY! Well you can’t give out money, BUT you can give them a discount or a coupon on your page. This keeps your fans interested and happy, and you might even inspire your customers to share the amazing offer and generate more leads! When you introduce Facebook-only coupons, they can help to increase social engagement and turn Facebook watchers into customers. You can do this for all of your social media platforms - Twitter, Instagram, and so on. If your customers catch on to these exclusive offers, then they’ll be more likely to subscribe so that they don’t miss a single deal!
Reach Out to Other Accounts to Share your Content
When you have a high-value piece of content, don’t just share it yourself and call it a day. Reach out to other accounts and companies who follow you or whom you follow and ask them to give your new content a share. More often than not, they will be willing to share it and if they only like it, that’s at least another brand or company giving recognition to your new piece of content. Always consider all the possible ways that you can expand your reach and optimize your SEO and connections.
Run a Poll
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter all have a poll option to use now. Polls are engaging and easy for followers to interact with, meaning running a poll is a good way to drive engagement and start a discussion with your followers. There are a lot of ways you can use a poll on your social media; pose questions about what type of content they want to see, what products they want to go on sale, how the pollers prefer to be engaged, and much more. Have fun with it and see if it makes an impact on your followers. In doing so, you’ll be delighting your customers by including them in your marketing process!
Use Live Video Broadcasting
Live video is something that is becoming rapidly popular on different social media platforms. It creates an interactive experience where consumers can ask questions and get answers directly ASAP. There are a bunch of different things you can do with a live session: you could hold a Q&A, test a new product, broadcast from an event, or hold an interview. All of these ideas create buzz and get the viewers involved.
Contests are a good way to engage your viewers as well, and can help grow your following. Some good examples of a contest you could run through social media are:
- Photo Contest! Allow users to submit their own photos in correspondence with a relevant prompt. Other viewers can then vote on their favorite to select a winner! Photo contests are great way to engage viewers, but can also be used as a tool to gauge the concerns of your visitors.
- Like to Win! Select a random winner from the total number of users that “Like” your Facebook page or a social media post. This is a great way to expand your presence on social media, but be careful to monitor your leads when you use this method - you don’t want your prizes to go to someone that’s simply after free stuff. Use it as a tool to attract the most relevant leads to your product or service.
- Sweepstakes! A sweepstakes is a raffle that rewards a prize to a randomly generated winner at the end of the contest. Users can enter using their contact information, such as their email address, which makes sweepstakes a great lead generation tool.
Last, but certainly not least: make sure you are posting to social media outlets consistently. People check their phones on average 74 times a day! If there isn't new content out there daily or even weekly, you will be forgotten. Don’t bombard your viewers with a new update every 15 minutes - you want to post frequently enough to engage users, but not so much to annoy them.
If you follow these simple steps, your social media presence is sure to expand! Follow us on our social media to see what we’re up to!